Kimono Dressing Experience
Try on a beautiful authentic silk kimono!
Fee: 10,000 JPY ~
Details of the experience
You can dress authentic silk kimono that even a Kyotoite would approve of!
The quality is completely different from the chemical fiber kimonos for tourists that you see so much of in the city!
01 Learn about the rules of the kimono
02 Choose a Kimono and Obi (belt of kimono)
03 Dressing the Kimono
04 Strolling the streets of Kyoto & taking snapshots freely
05 Return the kimono by 5:00pm
Points of Recommendation
01 Authentic silk kimono that even a Kyotoite would approve of! Not a synthetic kimono for foreign tourists!
02 You will learn the rules of wearing a kimono: material, pattern and shape, season, occasion and place, and position of the wearer.
03 There is a skill in kimono dressing. We are dedicated to making it easy and beautiful to wear, even if you can walk around the streets of Kyoto all day without losing your clothes!
Fee and Payment Process
Fee: 10,000 JPY/ person (tax included)
Please pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Three-minute walk from Shijo Omiya or Shijo Horikawa bus stop.
Detailed location will be provided after the reservation is made.
Conditions of Participation
Available kimono sizes:
– Women’s: Height up to 175 cm / Bust up to 100 cm / Hips up to 105 cm
– Men’s: height up to 185 cm / chest circumference up to 100 cm
-A limited number of large kimonos are available.
-Children’s kimonos are not available.
Belongings and Clothing
Please bring your own makeup kit.
In the cold of winter, it is recommended to wear heat-resistant underwear (not high-necked) or leggings in advance.
Precautions for participation
– Language: The experience will be in Japanese or English.
– Time: 9:00am – (Duration: about 1.5 hours)
* The time required depends on the number of participants. (Dressing time is 30-40 minutes per person.)
* Please contact us in advance if you would like to schedule a time other than 9:00am.
Required Personal Details
Kimono types: women’s and men’s
Size: Height, bust (chest circumference), hips, shoe size, and shoe size reference country
– Free of charge up to 1 week in advance
– 30% 6 to 3 days in advance
– 50% up to 2 days in advance
– 70% up to the day before
– The full amount of the day